When it comes to getting fast, effective exposure for your property management brand online, nothing works quite as well as pay-per-click advertising. Chances are you’re already investing a portion of your marketing budget into this method already, but could you be getting even better results? It’s entirely possible. Here are a few quick and dirty tricks for maximizing your PPC advertising efforts.
Research Your Keywords
Using the right keywords is like the secret weapon of any successful PPC campaign. If you’re not already doing so, it’s time to get familiar with Google’s Keyword Planner. Once you’ve set up your AdWords account, follow these simple steps:
- Choose the “search for new keywords” option in the Keyword Planner
- Select “targeting” and enter your geographic area
- Type a few keywords into the box and click “get ideas”
- When the report is generated, check the following:
- Average monthly searches
- Suggested bid
- Ad groups
- Ad impression share
Choose the ad groups you’d like to target, being sure to remove any from the list that are not relevant. This will provide you with a short list of property management related keywords to start using in your PPC campaigns.
Test Your Marketing Concepts
Have an idea for a new marketing campaign you think might generate some decent new property management leads? Test it out by creating a simple landing page and then running an AdWords campaign that links to it. Then, check the amount of traffic you’re getting to see if it’s a bust of if you might have a good long-term SEO strategy in the works.
If you’re not keeping track of the number of conversions your website is generating, then you’re missing out on some valuable data. PPC analytics allow you to tie conversions directly back to certain keywords, which can help you better hone your marketing campaigns so they’re more successful. AdWords even integrates with phone conversion tracking software so you can gain greater visibility into exactly which campaigns and keywords are getting you the results you’re after.
Click-Through-Rate and CTA Testing
Sometimes simply changing one word or tweaking the color scheme on an ad can be enough to get more people to take action. Experiment with your ad copy, messaging and design to see which works best and delivers the most clicks and other calls to action. As an added bonus, the higher your CTR, the higher your property management company will rank on Google.
Basic PPC Tips
- When setting up your AdWords account, choose your geographical territory so that your ads for property management services will only show up for people in your area.
- Be careful and selective about the keywords and phrases you choose. Try to aim for long-tail keywords whenever possible.
- Utilize the “negative keyword” feature to specify who your ads should NOT be shown to.
- Use the ad extension option to expand the amount of copy you include (don’t worry – it’s free).
- Link your AdWords account to your Google My Business page (if you haven’t set one up, you’ll want to do so).
- Use the retargeting feature to keep your property management brand top of mind for your prospects.
What did we miss? Do you have a PPC trick or expert tip to share? Please tell us in the comments section below!